Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

My tv is turning on and off twice then stays off

Customer Question

my tv is turning on and off twice then stays off
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 7 months ago.

Hello

Welcome

Any blinking lights on the front of the set?or any light lit solid ?perhaps red?

Anthony

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No it would power on and light up(the screen) 2 times and go off. replaced the tconn and power board now it comes on screen works then it goes blank

These sets suffer badly from bad capacitors on the power-board have you checked those?for leaking\ballooning\raised domed tops?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
no bad caps that i see
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
backlight is coming on then goes off
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
hello

If the back-light is going off that is either a back-light control problem involving the inverters or the back-lights themselves are bad,

The inverters run down the sides of the set there may be upto 4 of those

The main\t-con have no bearing on this issue you would be better putting original boards back in

Get the part-numbers from those boards and price them up at shopjimmy.com they should not cost much

Please make sure again about those caps though there are a couple in the center of the power-board I remember give a lot of trouble

If you have any further questions let me know please

Please consider rating the answer positively with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page, rating me positively enables me to receive payment from the site thank you, ***** ***** question is open for 30 days

Many Thanks

Anthony

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
well thats where we are at before we called you. replace inverters or power board. are you saying it could be both ?
\

I am indicating it is either \or not both together, you havent indicated what happens with the power-light?the power-light on the front of the sets its behavour indicates a lot about what condition the set is in when it fails

I am not sure how you ended up replacing the main and tcon boards when before you called us you were at before calling it was inverters or power-board?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
process of elimination.we are a computer repair shop looking to expand. i replaced the main and tconn no fix so we called you.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
no lights on front

OK that would indicate power-board in that case as you have replaced main so yes power-board if no lights after shutting down, as I say these power-boards are very prone to failure if you cant get a board there are repair shops who will repair the board coppelltvrepair.com for one

If you need more help let me know

Many Thanks

Anthony

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
tv stays on backlight goes out

You said the power-light is out?

Is there any sound?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
ok so i flipped it to the front tv powers on lights up then backlight goes out. white light that im thinking is power light stays on.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
white light is on the front of tv
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
sorry for the confusion

Connect an input to the set like a DVD player cycle the INPUT or SOURCE button do you get sound?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
setting that up now. give me a minute
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
ok so i can tell the screen is on and can faintly see the menu in the background

OK in that case then inverters

Backlights out

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
ok. any way to tell what one is bad or just replace both?

As always with flat panel TV there are only limited checks you can make, you could get both try one at a time send one back

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
thank you . we have 4 more here so i will be using your services again.

Your Welcome

http://www.justanswer.com/electronics/expert-infotech/?rpt=3800 <<click if you want to use me ask from there thank you

Anthony

PS please remember the rating thank you

Do you still need help please?

Anthony