Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I own a director series plasma with hdmi connection to both

Customer Question

I own a director series plasma with hdmi connection to both an (HDMI1) DVD (no sync. Signal - despite splash screen first showing) and (HDMI2) Amazon Fire Internet stream which works fine. Changing HDMI, sources, rebooting, nothing will make the TV talk to the Oppo DVD. What is the meaning of the no sync. Signal and why would this happen with such advanced technologies. The Hitachi works fine with a friends DVD. The Oppo works fine with a friends LG TV.
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 8 months ago.

Welcome. I am Mike, an experienced field technician. We are now connected together on this convenient website where I am able to help you. To get started, I need to know you can see this message and are able to reply to me here...

-Was this DVD player previously working with this tv? or is this a first time connection?

-What is the model number of the DVD player and Tv?

___________________________________________________________________

** My replies can take up to 5 minutes to appear **

** Do NOT start a new question **

Expert:  Mike G. replied 8 months ago.

Are you having website difficulties that are preventing you from replying?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Can you give me your cell phone number so I can call you this evening while I am at home with the equipment? I am a doctor in Fort Walton Beach FL with patients all day. My number is(###) ###-####Robert Hofmann. I am on tablet right now and cannot call from the clinic.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 8 months ago.

We are not allowed to give personal information.

Our chat will be here when you log in this evening.

Reply back here when you are ready to proceed.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I am right next to the TV and DVD in question. Phone conversation will be the only way to work the problem
Expert:  Mike G. replied 8 months ago.

I am not available by phone. However another expert may accept your phone call request at any time.

I will be here via chat when you are ready to proceed reply with:

-tv model number

-dvd model number

-was this setup working together previously

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I fixed the problem myself without any of your assistance tonight. I expect your site to refund all the charges as no communication or benefit was obtained. Please confirm ASAP.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 8 months ago.

good job