Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company

I have a 2014 samsung un55hu7250 curved tv that has a dark

Customer Question

i have a 2014 samsung un55hu7250 curved tv that has a dark ban about 6 inches at the top of the screen
JA: How old is your Samsung, and have you tried unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: no haven't tried that
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: yes tv menu works, dvd video input does not seem to have this ban when played
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: it comes and goes for about 6 months
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no, that's the issue
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

No need to unplug the TV for a few hours - that's the auto assistant generated message...

That said, since your DVD does not show this band on the screen, I will need to know what "source" being played on the TV does show this band. Is it a Cable Box, or Satellite Box by chance?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Are you able to see my reply?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

I'm not sure why you haven't replied, but if you're using a cable or SAT box with the set when the band appears, then it's likely due to the Aspect/Format of the signal the box is sending. Some channels are HD and others arre standard definition, which will give a range of picture sizes.

First, reboot the Cable/SAT box by disconnecting it from power for 10 seconds and plugging it back in. Upon rebooting, if the screen aspect is still incorrect, then look for the following buttons on the Cable/SAT remote:

HD Zoom
(#) symbol under the 9 key

Find any buttons with those labels and use them to attempt to correct the picture size. Let me know what happens.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?