Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Panasonic Viera 48" plasma, vintage 2009 - power button

Customer Question

Panasonic Viera 48" plasma, vintage 2009 - power button works so far as to generate a grey screen; then, Input, Volume, etc. do NOT have any effect. When I power off, it takes maybe 20-30 seconds before the grey screen resolves and the monitor goes off. Also, a couple of times, the unit has apparently powered itself back on without my touching anything We have been out of town for about 2 weeks, and we're told there've been some large thunderstorms. AC circuit is "protected" though and no other equipment is malfunctioning.
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: OK, well 2009 tells us it was made about 7 years ago. TC-P46G10 is shown as model.
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Menu won't appear, and no inputs can be selected. All we get is grey !
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Read above - it worked 2 weeks ago. First time we turned it on, we've got this problem. We did have a cleaning person in the house, but the remotes were stored and it's highly unlikely that she would have tried to turn it on anyway!
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: What does "connect you" mean? Does this entail a fee??
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 2 months ago.

Welcome. I am Mike, an experienced field technician. We are now connected together on this convenient website where I am able to help you. To get started, I need to know you can see this message and are able to reply to me here...

-Besides turning the tv on/off, what else have you tried to get the tv working again?

-Is there any audio coming from the tv speakers?

___________________________________________________________________

** My replies can take up to 5 minutes to appear **

** Do NOT start a new question **

Expert:  Mike G. replied 2 months ago.

Are you having website difficulties that are preventing you from replying?