crash2199
crash2199, Technician
Experience:  10+ years
50836188

My nine year old 46" flat screen tv suddenly developed a

Customer Question

My nine year old 46" flat screen tv suddenly developed a hazy picture. It is model #UN46B600. It cost $1,599.99 in November of 2009.
Is it worth trying to have it repaired? If so how would I find an honest competent repair company? What should I expect to pay?
Category: TV
Expert:  crash2199 replied 2 months ago.

Hi Bruce,

When it comes to older TVs, it is really up to each person on what they determine as a good cost or the cost that is worth keeping that TV instead of buying another one. The issue with older TVs is that the parts are scarce and cost more because of it. Personally, I recommend upgrading a TV that is close to 10 years old instead of repairing it. The cost of repair is determined by the actual issue with your TV but the good news is that you can usually have a free quote from a local company so you can think of that cost and see if it is worth it.

If you provide me with your zip code, I can locate a local reputable company for you that you can contact to determine if the cost of repair is worth it.

I have not heard back from you in a while -- If the issue is resolved, please rate our session as 3 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.