Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

I have a 10 year old Toshiba 42HPX95 Plasma 42 inch screen

Customer Question

Hello , I have a 10 year old Toshiba 42HPX95 Plasma 42 inch screen HD TV. A couple weeks ago we were watching a program on it , signal coming rfom ; ATT- Dish Direct TV . The telivision just webt black , no sound ,pictire , nothing except the Red LED was blinking rapidly instead of the constant RED LED it is normally. ( I thought i heard a click sound just prior to yaht event which sounded to me like a relay , but i am not positive . I unplugged and let it reset , still no pic. and rapid blink . I tried all remedies suggested. I still have large manual for set but the only reference to the LED is constant for on , and GREEN ( which i never knew of ) , but nothing about rapid blinking . I need to know for sure if it is SHOT !!!! , prior to replacing or if there is a remedy. So , I wish for you to answer a few questions please : 1.) What does rapid blinking red led mean . 2.) What does the green LED indicate , ( for possible future reference . 3.) Is there a remedy that I can perform to get set working again . 4.) If it is repairable what would approx. cost be . 5.) If set is repairable how to arrange the process . 6.) Is TV set SHOT !!!!!! ? Thank You , Steven A. Firman I have an ; EMAIL # and a G MAIL # . ***@******.*** and ***@******.***
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 2 months ago.

Welcome. I am Mike, an experienced field technician. We are now connected together on this convenient website where I am able to help you.

Expert:  Mike G. replied 2 months ago.

We can communicate here in this chat, not via email. Reply back here when you are ready to proceed with our chat.

Expert:  Mike G. replied 2 months ago.

Are you here with me? Can you please reply to indicate you still require assistance.

Expert:  Mike G. replied 2 months ago.

Please do not start new questions for the same tv.

REPLY back here to indicate you are here with me, ready to proceed.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I would like my answer finally , Please
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Please answer my question , which I have typed multiple times .
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
When will I get my answer to the question about my Toshiba Plasma TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 2 months ago.

I have just returned from field service....

The LED's that you are seeing all point to a failure inside the tv that will require parts and service. These plasma tv's are very complex to diagnose which part has gone bad. You will need a local technican but that often ends up costing $300 which is more than a new 40" tv.

I trust that answers all of your question... and remember, I will be here with you throughout this entire process. You may also submit a 3 to 5 star rating at the top of this page at any time. Rating now does not close your question or prevent future replies which are at no additional cost.

Thanks

Expert:  Mike G. replied 2 months ago.

Hello, just checking back in to see if you still need help, or perhaps you would like to acknowledge that my time and input has been helpful?