Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

My control4 remote system is not working. its less then 2

Customer Question

my control4 remote system is not working.
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: its less then 2 years old
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: just started this evening. it looks like there is something going on with the master rack system we had a power outage this morning so I am wonder if that effected it. That said I was able to watch TV all day. suddenly now it is down.
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: that is it. thank you
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.

Control4 systems are quite complex, and often will require that a dealer/installer come out to service them - they are built with proprietary hardware and software that purposely makes it difficult for the end user to do anything more than the everyday use of the system.

That said, there are a few things we can try here, and if needed I can help you find a tech to come out if you are not still in touch with the original dealer.

Initially, please locate the main control4 box which will be in your rack system, and unplug power to it for 60+ seconds to reboot it, and let me know the results.

Thanks,

Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.

Do you need more help with this?

Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.

Do you need more help with this?

If so, simply reply back on this page.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.