Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a Mitsubishi wd65733. Just replaced DLP chip. That

Customer Question

I have a Mitsubishi wd65733. Just replaced DLP chip. That triggered lamp light and code 32. Reset door on lamp and now I have a code 18. Tv worked fine before except white dots. I figured DLP chip should remedy that.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems.

Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

Your code 18 translates directly to this in the service manual: Loose PE or PE2 connector (no 12V from PWB-POWER; Engine Failure

Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

Sounds to me that from that description, your next step would be to unplug/open the TV back up then go ahead and remove and very CAREFULLY replace all of your plug in connectors, since it's unlikely you broke the Light Engine - but very likely that something is loose.

Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Just checked all plugs again. Do I need to take the whole thing apart, i.e. DLP board and make sure it's all seated again?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Still reads code 18
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

Well you need to thoroughly check anything and everything that "could have" possibly been jarred, moved or otherwise shaken up during the procedure. There is what that code means- a connector is loose or your Light Engine has failed? It seems more likely that you would have a loose connector than a failed light engine, would you agree?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
it all worked before I changed the DLP chip. I'll take it apart again and check it.
It originally read a code 32. Does it only show one code at a time? Was the code 18 just behind the 32?
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

Did you click on that service manual I posted for you? I can pull it up again, but I posted it so you could look up and interpret those codes yourself as well.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I did. I just didn't know if there was more than one code to begin with. So when I resolved the first it now shows the next. So is it possible there's another code behind this one.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The only thing I haven't done is remove and reset the chip. I guess that should be my next step?