Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company

I have a vizio tv and an old vcr/dvd player. the cables that

Customer Question

Hi, i have a vizio tv and an old vcr/dvd player. the cables that go with the vcr and the old tv are red,white and yellow. the vizio dose not have the color yellow.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Vizio is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: its a new 50" E series don't know where to find the model #
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: no
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I've just started to hook it up myself.
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: not that i know
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Hello, On the Vizio the Green (Y/Video) jack is where you plug in the Yellow cable and then use the Vizio remote's INPUT button to select the Video/AV Input.

If you're still stuck then reply back with the full model number off of the back of the Vizio as well as the BRAND and MODEL of the VCR.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

If you need further assistance let me know. Also, please do click a 3-5 STAR rating for my efforts before you go. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Please keep in mind rating me does not close the question in any way- it simply ensures I am paid for my time spent trying to help you. You can follow up at any time at no additional cost.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Hello, I was just following up to see if you needed further help. The site shows that since the question is open that you are still looking for help. Or, if you received the information you were looking for- please kindly RATE my service POSITIVELY to reflect that. Thank you.