Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech

A Vizio 550M TV. I would like to add a sound bar. What would

Customer Question

a Vizio 550M TV. I would like to add a sound bar. What would be available?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Vizio is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It was purchased 12/25/2009
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: yes it works!
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Many you are not following me? I would like to 'add a sound bar' to my TV!
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no, I guess not...
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

Hello, I'm Shahid.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

Vizio 550M TV does have Analog Audio Out and Digital audio (Optical) port at rear, you can connect a soundbar either in Audio Out jacks using audio cable that has red-white RCA pins or connect an optical cable into Optical port and plug it into Optical In port of soundbar (if it has one) to get TV sound through soundbar.

There are several soundbars of different brands and prices are available, you can get Vizio, Samsung or Sony brand soundbar but make sure it has analog audio input and optical input to connect it to the TV. Please click following link to view different models of Vizio brand soundbars..

Following link shows Sony soundbar range..

and below link will show Samsung soundbars..

You may please select any soundbar of your choice and price range. I hope these info will help. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page.
Thank you.