Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company

One of the strings on my TV wall mount broke so I don't know

Customer Question

One of the strings on my TV wall mount broke so I don't know how to unlock the locks and there is little room to get behind the TV. What do I do?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems.

I have no way of knowing which wall mount you have, can you provide any information? A Brand and Model perhaps?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It is a Dynex wall mount for a 32 inch TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Please bear with me, I'm researching this now.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Okay, those strings pull on hooks that attach to the bot***** *****p of the plate that mounts to the wall. The hooks pull down, and then flip towards the back of the TV to release the hold to the plate.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

In order to remove the set from the mount, you will need to do one of the following:

1) Unplug all of the cables from the back of the set, then pull the one string that is working and attempt to slide the TV off the mount to one side or the other. This may take a bit of elbow grease as there will still be tension on the bracket.

2) Using a flashlight and possibly a mirror, look carefully on the side where the string is gone, and locate the lower clip that affixes to the wall bracket. You will then need to use a long flathead screwdriver, or any other stiff, long instrument to reach that clip and manually pull it down and away from the wall mount.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

The strings breaking is an installer's nightmare and I have dealt with it several times. It is one of those things that will take time and a lot of patience. If you don't succeed with the 1st method, take a break, catch your breath and then carefully attempt to proceed with the 2nd. It may take a back and forth combination of the two to finally remove the set from the wall.

If you need further assistance let me know. Also, please do click a 3-5 STAR rating for my efforts before you go. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Hello, I was just following up to see if you needed further help. The site shows that since the question is open that you are still looking for help. Or, if you received the information you were looking for- please kindly RATE my service POSITIVELY to reflect that. Thank you.