Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company

Lines going thru the tv picture sharp 60" no reset button

Customer Question

lines going thru the tv picture sharp 60" no reset button even try to reset it no can do
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Can you please describe to me exactly what the problem with the TV is?

Is the power light or OPC lights blinking by chance?

Also, how long have you owned this for?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
all lights on the tv was working fine when cut off llast night
Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** doesn't tell me anything. I am asking right now exactly WHAT the TV is doing or not doing. I am not there to see what you see.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Leroy, can you please reply back and tell me exactly what you see on the front of the TV right now?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Do you mean that the power light and the OPC lights are both blinking right now and the TV will not power up?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
line jumping up down cant get to menu box
Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Okay, if you cant get to the MENU box, this means there is a hardware failure in the TV in most cases. Can you tell me roughly how old the set is? Also are you trying to use the original Sharp remote to access the MENU?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Are you still with me here please.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

We often see these sets develop faults after a few years, and in most cases it requires replacement of a component (the Power Supply Board being the most common).

However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up.

The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up normally. Try this procedure up to 3 times, and please let me know what happens.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

If you need further assistance let me know. Also, please do click a 3-5 STAR rating for my efforts before you go. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site.
Please keep in mind rating me does not close the question in any way- it simply ensures I am paid for my time spent trying to help you. You can follow up at any time at no additional cost.