Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

I have a sharp lc-46le62out power will go off after tuning

Customer Question

I have a sharp lc-46le62out power will go off after tuning tv on. When unpluged tv will come back on, only when upluged from wall.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Sharp is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: SHARP MODEL LC-46LE62OUT 3-1/2 YEARS OLD
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: YES
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: TV SCREEN WENT BLACK SOUND STOPED 3 SECONDS LATER,
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: POWER BOARD PART NO. 9JR990000019 REPLACE 2 DAYS A GO.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 4 months ago.

Hello

Welcome

Is there any blinking light(s) on the front of the set please?

Anthony

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
no

Sorry for delay it looks like the question never came back, OK when the set goes off does it drop to standby red light lit?or does this go off too?(these lights in the front of the set indicate a lot how the set is behaving }

Let me know please

Anthony

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
when will I receive a solution to my problem ?

I did reply above?here it is again

OK when the set goes off does it drop to standby red light lit?or does this go off too?(these lights in the front of the set indicate a lot how the set is behaving }

Let me know please

Anthony

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
There are no red indicater lights or standby lights on my television. The only light lis a blue light, comes on when power button on remote is pressed. picture comes with sound,after 1 1/2 - two minutes tv turns off. TV will not turn back on,with remote.The TV will come on after unpluging and repluging into outlet. NEED HELP!!!

Its a bad main-board , now do you think you can replace this board yourself?I will provide all relevant info to do that please let me know.

If this is something that you are not comfortable with then you will need a tech www.tvrepairpros.com will locate a tech in your area.

The only other thing is bad firmware you could try and upgrade the firmware (assuming the firmware is not the same version as what you have)

http://www.sharpusa.com/Support/ProductDetail.aspx?model=LC-46LE620UT <<click

Let me know if you need additional help

Please consider rating the answer positively with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page, rating me positively enables me to receive payment from the site thank you, ***** ***** question is open for 30 days

Many Thanks

Anthony