Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

I OBVIOUSLY HAVE A HISENSE TV AND I MUST HAVE CHANGED, ON

Customer Question

Hi, I OBVIOUSLY HAVE A HISENSE TV AND I MUST HAVE CHANGED, ON THE REMOTE, THE PICTURE TO 'VIVID' AND I AM GETTING A MESSAGE SAYING THAT IT IS TOO MUCH FOR THE TV I HAVE, HOWEVER WHEN I GO INTO MENU TO CHANGE IT THE MENU ONLY STAYS UP FOR A FEW SECONDS AND I AM UNABLE TO CHANGE IT. I AM GETTING ANGRY!
DI
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

Can you give me the full model number of the tv?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
tHE RECEIPT SAYS hISENSE 24 INCH hd dIRECT leD
would 24d33 B E THE MODEL?
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

Yes that would be a model.

Can you go into the tv menu, and there in the settings you should see a Factory Reset (restore defaults) option, and choose that.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
When I turn on the TV the red light goes off and a 'blue' light comes on - not a green one. Then HISENSE comes up and then -
"Energy consumption in the current user mode is too much for the TV - or something to that effect - and says change to home mode." I press MENU and the above comes up again!!
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

Unplug power to the tv for a few minutes, reconnect, then try again.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
ok
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

Thanks

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No the WARNING message still comes up!
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

Can you get into the menu far enough to choose the reset option?
When was the tv purchased?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I can get on to the SETUP page on the menu however there is no RESET option on that page.
P:urchased 12 months ago
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

Everything you've indicated up to this point indicates that the tv firmware is confirmed.

It should not be possible for you to make a setting change to the tv which would cause this type of prohibited operation or problem.

These hisense tvs are some of the lowest quality tvs made, and have very high failure rates, so problems like this are common, even for a tv that is only a year old.

There is one further step you can take here, both as a possible fix, as well as a diagnostic evaluation:

1) Unplug the power cord from the outlet

2) Wait at least 1 hour (60+ Minutes)

3) Press and hold the power button (on the set, not the remote) for 60 seconds
4) Keep holding power button while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after. When plugging back in, go directly to the wall outlet, bypassing any power strips or surge protectors.

If this reset process does not work, it would unfortunately confirm an internal hardware failure.

At that point your next step would be to call hisense to attempt to file a warranty claim. If they won't cover it, which they may not based on age, then it would not be worth fixing. It would cost twice as much to repair as it would to buy a brand new tv with a fresh warranty from a more reputable brand. Should it come to that I can recommend replacement options for you.

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I will try that and get back to you
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** luck!

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I managed to fix it myself - without most of what you advised, so please ensure my money is returned as nothing you said helped me. Thanks
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

I gave you specific steps to fix it, both from the menu and from the reset process, either or both of those would accomplish that.

What did you do that was different than what I specified?