Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

Toshiba Projector TLPL-W21 will not power on after bulb

Customer Question

Toshiba Projector TLPL-W21 will not power on after bulb replacement.
Category: TV
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Sorry TLPL-W21 is bulb assy replacement part. TLP-WX100 should be model No.
Expert:  Shahid replied 4 months ago.

Hello, I'm Shahid.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help.

Expert:  Shahid replied 4 months ago.

- Was the old lamp broken/ dead?

- Do you get any indicator light lit, solid or flashing on projector wen press power button to turn it On?

Thanks.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Niether, bulb replacement notice came on screen. No indicators or lights, as if no power from outlet. Outlet is good.
Expert:  Shahid replied 4 months ago.

This is odd, please push AC power cord into projector to make sure it is plugged securely and tight then plug it in wall outlet. Power light should turn On.

If still no power light then try another AC power cord, it is common AC power cord used with computers, monitors, laptop power adapters etc and reply back with the result.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
We will contact you in about in hour. We are heading back to the church to try again.
Expert:  Shahid replied 4 months ago.

OK, no problem, please take your time.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Power cord checked and not the issue, verified outer cover was secure and it does not seem to be the issue as it makes contact against the safety switch.
Expert:  Shahid replied 4 months ago.

I understand, it seems power supply board failure that is why no power indication at all on projector. It would be just a coincidence that power problem occurred when you replace the lamp in projector.

Please take apart the projector and check fuse on power supply board, if fuse found good then you would need to replace power supply board to resolve the problem. I hope these info will help. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page.
Thank you.