Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

I have replaced my my tv with a 4K lg 60in. It is connected

Customer Question

I have replaced my my tv with a 4K lg 60in. It is connected to a receiver, a set-top-box (service electric cable co) and a Sony blue ray DVD (BNP-s570/bx57). When I play a cd video on the DVD the picture is darkish. The only adjustment I made was to go into DVD settings and turn off the hdmi setting. Is my DVD player (about 5 yrs old?) not compatable with the the higher res 4K tv? Btw, turning off the hdmi setting did not make much difference. I got the same result ( darkish pic) trying various Video discs. Any suggestions?
Thank you, ***** ********@******.***.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 2 months ago.

Hello

Welcome

The blu-ray is 1080p it wont display 4k but it will display 1080p it should not be dark in any way displaying 1080p please try and swap HDMI inputs from the bluray so if its in hdmi 1 try hdmi 2 let me know if there is any change

Anthony

How is this working out please?you reply in the box below thank you

Anthony

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thanks for your suggestion. I found settings on my tv which led to hdmi settings. I matched both the DVD and tv to the same setting hdmi (on). Seems to be ok. Thanks again for the search path.

OK Harry thanks

Harry please remember to rate me positively, the rating bar is at the top of the page consists of stars , 3 to 5 stars thank you, ***** ***** will then credit me thanks again

Anthony