Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I'm looking up how to pull a Magnavox out of "Test Mode". My

Customer Question

Hi there --I'm looking up how to pull a Magnavox out of "Test Mode". My remote no longer works (tried changing batteries, no luck). To get out of the Test Mode, I've tried several "up and down" tactics as recommended elsewhere on the Web. Volume up+down, channel up+down --separately, simultaneously-- nothing is working.
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: It's a 37MD350B/F7 37-Inch 720p LCD HDTV with Built-In DVD Player, purchased in 2011
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: I cannot get anything to work. No menu, nothing. Just the flashing colors.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: This happened ~13 days ago. I was watching AmazonTV (fire box plugged into the TV). But the TV actually had issues with that as well. When I'd turn off the Amazon TV box, and turn the TV off, the television would turn itself back on again. I couldn't make that stop. I'd have to unplug the Amazon box from the TV in order to shut the TV down currently, I cannot turn the TV off unless I unplug it from the power source altogether.
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think so. I did attempt to override by putting in a DVD, but it got stuck. I had to power off the TV in order for it to eject. Basically the entire system has seized up.
Category: TV
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Try this, on your remote (after turning the TV to Off for some time, at least 10 minutes, to let it 'recover'):

press the left-arrow button, followed immediately by the right-arrow button.

Then press the Off button repeatedly, on the TV itself, to turn the TV off, or until it turns Off.

Does that produce the result you need?