Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech

I own a LG 55LX9500 for the past 4/5 years with no problems.

Customer Question

I own a LG 55LX9500 for the past 4/5 years with no problems. Suddenly I could not watch it in High Definition. About 2 days later the screen went black.
JA: Has this happened before? And have you tried unplugging your LG and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: Yes
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: The other sources did work except for HD and then conponents went.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: The tv worked fine for 4/5 years then HD stopped working so I was watching it through the component connection until that went also.
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thanks
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

Hello, I'm Shahid.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?
Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
First the HD connection with the HDMI cable stopped working. I then switched to component connection & that worked for a couple of days when the screen went black. I could still see my security cameras on a different input.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

OK, is the TV connected to HD cable box for channels?

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

Have you tried to reboot cable box? disconnect cable box power cord from power source/ wall socket for 5 minutes, reconnect the power and let cable box reboot that may take few minutes and check picture.

Please reply back with the result and if problem resolved then a positive rating to answer would be highly appreciated.