crash2199
crash2199, Technician
Experience:  10+ years
50836188

I have Samsung Smart TV UE 46ES6565. I heard about secret

Customer Question

I have Samsung Smart TV UE 46ES6565. I heard about secret menu and I accessed it. Unfortunately, I pressed "Calibrate HDMI" and my picture on HDMI is pinky. I followed sets describe here: http://www.justanswer.com/tv-repair/5vae5-accidentally-hdmi-calibration-samsung-ln-t5281f-tv.html But I cannot calibrate the HDMI.
JA: What's the exact make and model of your television? And have you done any troubleshooting yourself?
Customer: Samsung UE46ES6565
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Menu works, Secret Menu too. But I cannot calibrate the HDMI
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: As I said I accessed the "secret menu" and selected HDMI Calibration incidentaly.
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I do not think so, tat's all.
Category: TV
Expert:  crash2199 replied 5 months ago.

Hi!

Step 1: Power On the TV, and then press the Menu button on the TV remote control. The Main Menu will appear.

Step 2: Select Support using the up or down arrow buttons on the remote, and then press Enter. The selection bar will move from the left side of the menu to the right side of the screen.

Step 3: Select Self Diagnosis using the up or down arrow buttons on the remote, and then press Enter. The Main Menu will disappear, and the Self Diagnosis Menu will open.

Step 4: Select Reset using the up or down arrow buttons on the remote, and then press Enter.

Step 5: The TV will ask for a security PIN, if you have not changed this, the default will be 0000.

Step 6: The Factory reset screen will appear displaying a warning message. Select Yes using the left or right arrow buttons on the remote, and then press Enter.

Warning: All your settings will revert to their factory defaults except for any previously used network information.

Step 7: The TV completes the Factory Reset, the TV turns off and on again automatically and displays the Setup screen.

If you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 3 stars or higher and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It didn't help. This an issue related to the Samsung "Secret Menu" HDMI calibration. How can I re-calibrate HDMI?

Try this..

In the service menu goto
SVC -> Test Pattern -> HDMI WB Pattern (change this to ON)
SVC -> Test Pattern -> HDMI Pattern Sel (change this to 7)

Then go back to your HDMI calibration
ADC/WB -> ADC -> HDMI Calibration
and run it again.
You will get a success

When finished just go back and turn the HDMI WB Pattern back to OFF

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I tried to do it but when I go back to the main meny the pattern disapears. How to go back to the Main Many with the pattern on creen.

I am not sure what you mean -- Please try the steps above in order and let me know how it goes

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I tried. I got the pattern 9x15 BW.
Then I pressed return o remote control to get to the Main Menu. Thaen I lost the pattern from the screen.

Please follow through with all of the steps regardless of the pattern appearing/disappearing on your screen.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Sorry. I missed the 1st step. I cannot see option SVC -> Test Pattern -> HDMI WB Pattern in my meny.
Under Test Pattern i have Pattern Selection and a lot off "echo" options but there is no HDMI WB Pattern
Okay, you can skip step 1 and start with step 2
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok I have an optuon Pattern Sel - There is no numbers but when I press > 7 times i get pattern 9x15
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
HDMI Calibration Failure as a result
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It seems that Service Meny on my TV is different than this one you are talking about.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
There are no items related to WB and HDMI under Test Pattern. There are different pattern option called Echo4 FS NT72312, Echo-FP and SOC TCON pattern test options.

Unfortunately, I am out of ideas and I will open this question back to the expert pool.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
OK thanks. I hope you will come back wit a solution soon.
I tried to calibrate with PC and 8x8 test pattern but failed. I wander what other pattern could be used?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I succeed with 8x8 pattern and PC connected to the TV. However, black square has to be at top left corner.
Picture seems to be OK. Unfortunatelly I have lost all my picture settings in step 1 when I reseted the TV to the Factory settings. Should I change any WB setting in the Service Menu?