Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a Vizio E 390-A-1 and it is connected to a roof top

Customer Question

I have a Vizio E 390-A-1 and it is connected to a roof top antenna. WFXG Fox 54 in Augusta Ga recently upped signal power and it requires all antenna users to re scan the channels. I tried and the TV would not let me due to the reason that you have to put in the parental control code. I was not aware that I needed a code because no children watch the TV. Anyway I do not know the code if there is one. I don't have the user manual for this TV and I don't know how to get past the parental code to re scan the channels.Allen
I will try putting in 0000 and see if that works- thanks
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Vizio is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It said it was a E 390-A-1 It may be a 2012 year model
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: The menu works- I can go to TV then it has options and I go to "SET UP" and when I click on it that is when it requires a parental code
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: What happened was that FOX 54 in Augusta increased signal strength and antenna users have to re scan the channels or you can't receive Fox 54
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I do not have the manual for this TV but I can work the remote and access most of what I might need
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 6 months ago.

Hello, I'm Shahid.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help.

Expert:  Shahid replied 6 months ago.

Please reply back with the result and if problem resolved then a positive rating to answer would be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Expert:  Shahid replied 6 months ago.

Please put 0000 as parental code as it is default code.