Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

Sharp aquos lc60le600u No picture. When you plug the power

sharp aquos lc60le600u No picture. When you plug the power in the Sharp logo lights on the front, but that is it.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Sharp is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: sharp aquos lc60le600u 3-4 years I guess
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: No picture to see menus. Nothing comes up
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Just started a week ago. I am not aware of anything happening, just one day did it.
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Hello

Welcome

Sorry you are having trouble here , is there any blinking light on the front of the set?blinking and pausing?

Anthony

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
When you plug it in, the inverted v light under the Sharp logo lights up solid for a few seconds and goes out. No other lights.

OK thanks, ***** ***** tried re-booting the set?unplug from wall-power wait 5 mins re-plug back in again?if not please do that and let me know if there is any change before we move on

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have done that numerous time. It has sat for a couple days unplugged and still an issue.

Its a bad main-board do you think you can replace this board yourself?I will provide all the necessary info to do that and on-going support if necessary (question is open for 30 days) let me know just to clarify this is a plug in board

Anthony

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I can replace the board with no issues. Can you give me the info ad maybe a source for the part?

You need to get the back off the set, locate the main-board that's the board with all the AV input connectors on,now take the board out by unplugging it and unscrewing it from the chassis,look on the board for the part number this will be on a sticky label or etched on the board (you may need to try different codes on the board) then initially try www.shopjimmy.com, if they don't have it google the part-number only, fitting is the reverse of taking out plug and play.

The reason why the part-number must be used is because there may be different part-numbers in the same model that are not interchangeable (up-to 5 different types) so that is why you must use it from the original board.

Let me know if you need more info

Please consider rating the answer positively with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page, rating me positively enables me to receive payment from the site thank you, ***** ***** question is open for 30 days

Many Thanks

Anthony

If you need help finding the part-number what I do is find the main-board by model number at shopjimmy first then look at the part-numbers it will give you an idea of what the part-number should be

Do you need any more help please?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I was able to find the board number and unfortunately Jimmys is out of stock. I was able to locate one elsewhere and order it. I will update when it arrives and i swap it out.

OK

Anthony

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I just got the board in and swapped it out. That did not fix it and it is doing something different. When you plug the tv in, the light underneath the Sharp symbol does not seem to light anymore. But if you hit the power button, you can see through the holes in the back of the tv that the screen lights up for less than 2 seconds and goes off. Nothing is displayed on the screen when you look at the front. In order to get it to flash again, you have to unplug it, plug it back in and hit the power again.

Is it similar to what was happening before though?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Yeah pretty similar. The screen did not flash on before the main board was changed, just the light underneath the Sharp logo on the front.

OK put the original board back in again and do this>>

Unplug the tv.

Hold down the ch down and vol up buttons on the tv itself.

While holding them plug it in.

Wait 10 seconds after 10 seconds

let go.

What is the situation with the set after that

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Put the main board back in it. Plugged it in with the ch- and vol+ for 10 seconds and nothing changed. As soon as you plug in the tv, the light on the bottom front of the set underneath the sharp logo lights up white. A few seconds later you can see the screen light for a second or 2 through the holes in the back of the screen and it goes off. Then the light underneath the logo goes off as well and it is unresponsive.

And you do not see any blinking light on the front of the set??that is the problem here the set is nor reporting a fault which it should be doing with a blinking icon on the front

This is why more weight was added to replacing the mainboard because the set is not reporting a fault, that light in the front the icon upside down V should be blinking like 2 fast 4 slow blinks as an example then the set is reporting an issue with itself

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
New main board. Plug in, nothing lights. Hit the power button and after about 5 seconds you can see the screen lights for a second or 2 and goes out. Old board. Plug in and power light on front turns on solid white. After about 5 seconds the screen lights for a second or 2 and goes off. light on the front goes off. You hit the buttons and nothing happens. Could it be something with the t-con board and that is why there is no error message from the main board?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
That or they sent me a bad board?

Yes make sure partnumbers are exactly the same on each board and yes about 1 in every 4 or 5 boards I get is incorrect or bad you do have to consider these are pulled from scrap sets with bad screens

You could not get a new board for a set as it would be too expensive and they wont sell to the public anyhow