Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

LG OLED won't come on, logo light flashes then goes off, It

Customer Question

LG OLED won't come on, logo light flashes then goes off, It is connected to components and comcast. What can I do ? this happen last week then it randomly came on with the blurry olaye and turned off with cable DVR turned off. then control a fews days , now off again and I can't get it on. less that one year old
Category: TV
Expert:  Louie replied 5 months ago.

Hi, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.

Initially, bear with us; re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the LG TV.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
65EF9500
Expert:  Louie replied 5 months ago.

Was there anything out of the ordinary prior to this issue; storm, power failure/fluctuations?

Have you tried unplugging for an extended period of time? ...and then plugging back in but into a different outlet?

Would the "...logo light flashes..." come about immediately after plugging back in? ...or only after attempting to turn on the TV?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
i tried to unplug, the first time i changed from power strip to wall. it didn't help, but worked hours later when i used dvd button on a movie started, then i had to turn cable box off to turn off and dvd to turn on. then spontenosly i tried to turn on tv with remote and it worked 4 days. now same issue
except not coming on with dvd
Expert:  Louie replied 5 months ago.

Appreciate the additional information

...and Yes to the phone call soon as the system has cleared the failure status.

Can you please try again the unplugging? This is the only easy user doable try as it would appear to be an intermittent yet internal hardware issue.

Unplugging would simulate a soft RESET.

Similarly disconnect any and all cables and plugs connected to the TV.

While unplugged, press and hold the joystick button of the TV. The idea is to dissipate any residual power inside the LG.