Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Volume in my toshiba tv does not work.

Customer Question

Volume in my toshiba tv does not work.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems.
By far the most common cause of this problem, is a glitch in the cable box processing.
Please follow the steps below:
1) Shut the TV off, and then disconnect the cable/SAT box AND the TV from power (unplug their power cords).
2) If using an HDMI cable, disconnect and reconnect the HDMI cable on both ends when the cable box is unplugged from power (make sure it's secure on both ends).
3) Press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote) for 10 full seconds while the set is unplugged, then release the power button.
4) Plug the cable box AND the TV back into power, then turn the TV on and attempt to watch a program.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

This should restore the sound. However if it does not, then please try another source- such as a DVD player on the TV and see if that has sound. This tells us whether or not the TV, or the cable/SAT box itself is causing the problem.

If you need further assistance let me know. Also, please do click a 3-5 STAR rating for my efforts before you go. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site.
Please keep in mind rating me does not close the question in any way- it simply ensures I am paid for my time spent trying to help you. You can follow up at any time at no additional cost.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Do you need further assistance with this Maria?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thanks aric, I hope you understood that it only the volume that is not working, image is perfect....I may need a technician to come, I'm at work right now, so try yu later
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have a flip phone, old, better to contact me here, in my I pad!
Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

You're welcome, and I'm not sending the phone offer - the site does that. I would prefer typing myself. I understand only the volume is not working, and this can be caused by either the Cable Box or the TV itself. The reboot above is a RESET and also a TEST to confirm "what" specifically has dropped sound (the cable box or the TV).

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Also if you do need a technician to come, then I would suggest contacting your cable company, as they're less expensive than a TV repair shop and can perform that reset for you if you're unable to.

Other than that, do you need further assistance here?

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Hello, I was just following up to see if you needed further help. The site shows that since the question is open that you are still looking for help. Or, if you received the information you were looking for- please kindly RATE my service POSITIVELY to reflect that. Thank you.