Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

My HL67A750 dip tv has a yellow tint to the display. Yellow

Customer Question

My HL67A750 dip tv has a yellow tint to the display. Yellow colors are constant, does not reset with the power to the tv being cycled
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: HL67A750(rest of sticker removed by children) purchased in 2008
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Yes menu works. Problem is present with all inputs
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Happened today, no symptoms prior to (noisy fan, been meaning to replace it)
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: The DLP chip was replaced in 2012 with no issues since.
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 6 months ago.

Welcome. I am Mike, an experienced field technician. We are now connected together on this convenient website where I am able to help you. To get started, I need to know you can see this message and are able to reply to me here...

-When you pull up the tv menu using the Samsung remote, is that menu the correct color? or is it also affected by the issue?

-Did you replace the DLP Chip yourself?

___________________________________________________________________

** My replies can take up to 5 minutes to appear **

** Do NOT start a new question **

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I can see your response
Expert:  Mike G. replied 6 months ago.

-Did you replace the DLP Chip yourself?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Menu shows same yellow tint.Yes, replaced myself
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Replaced in 2012, no issues since. It showed multiple dots of white on color, dark on white. Chip replacement fixed the issue.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 6 months ago.

Do you have prior experience using a DMM?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 6 months ago.

Another expert will help you now.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ok, thanks.
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

Different expert here. Please postback with a picture of the screen. Sounds like you simply have a faulty Red LED chip.

Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

Hello, This is Aric a different expert here. Please postback with a picture of the screen. Sounds like you simply have a faulty Red LED chip.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I just added a picture.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The reds are very vivid, however there is no blue color.
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

Thanks. Okay Blue is one of the LED chips - there are three, a Red, Blue and Green. I don't think a meter is necessary here, we simply need to remove the back of the set and actually access the LED engine to confirm which of those LED's are lit, brighter than others, or not working altogether.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ok, I will do that when my kids go to sleep. I'll wind up with fruit loops in the tv or them touching something and causing an ESD.
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

Ah yes! Good call :-) The LED engine is what produces the colors, and it's common for chips to fail in these 3 LED engine sets. Let me know once you've had a chance to check. I will be here on and off until 4 p.m. EST.

If you need further assistance let me know. Also, please do click a 3-5 STAR rating for my efforts before you go. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have removed the back of the tv
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

Okay, so you need to access the LED engine and see which LED's are lit or out while the TV is on. Can you do that and postback with your findings?

Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

Hello, I was just following up to see if you needed further help. The site shows that since the question is open that you are still looking for help. Or, if you received the information you were looking for- please kindly RATE my service POSITIVELY to reflect that. Thank you.