Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company

Have a 60" Samsung TV UN60H6203AFXZA, have sound, but no

Customer Question

Have a 60" Samsung TV UN60H6203AFXZA, have sound, but no picture.
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: #UN60H6203AF, it is a little over 2 yrs.
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: No picture at all
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: TV worked one day and not the next. Sound but no picture.
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Want to know if it can be fixed and a repairman in our area.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems.

Please don't mind the auto-generated questions above, I have a few of my own as I'm the actual tech helping you.

1) When you first power the set ON, does the SMART TV logo display on thee screen?

2) Does your screen actually "backlight" (come up slightly brighter than if the set were off), in a dark room?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Are you not able to reply back to me?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

No picture at all on the set, and no backlights to the screen, indicates the set has a fault either in the mainboard or the power supply board. There are no quick fixes for this and the set requires component level testing and replacement to fix it. The average cost for this repair on this set is in the $250-$300 range.

If looking to locate a shop to have this repaired, you can use the link below to pull up NESDA-trained pros in the area:

If you need further assistance let me know. PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. That is how the site credits me for my work.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Hello, I was just following up to see if you needed further help. The site shows that since the question is open that you are still looking for help. Or, if you received the information you were looking for- please kindly RATE my service POSITIVELY to reflect that. Thank you.