Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.

I have a 40 in lg flat screen the red light is on that stays

Customer Question

I have a 40 in lg flat screen the red light is on that stays on when the tv is off, but everytime I turn the tv on the red light goes out and the tv won't come on. The red light normally turns blue and blinks before the screen lights up. What could be wrong?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Louie replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.

Initially, bear with us; re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the LG TV.

Expert:  Louie replied 1 month ago.

Hi again,

...and yes on the phone call soon as the system has cleared the failure status.

Still and as inquired above, the model number of the LG TV please?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hello this is Paul I'm the one who has a 42LV4400 model LG that won't come on just trying to get some help on that
Expert:  Louie replied 1 month ago.

Hi again Paul and appreciate the additional information.

The only easy user doable try would be to unplug the LG for an extended period of time (if have not been done). And then plug back in but into another outlet.

All others would require dis-assembly as if the unplugging is not corrective, then it would be an internal hardware issue.

I have reviewed the Service Manual and have identified potential suspects that would need checking.

Are you then considering a DIY (do-it-yourself) repair approach? If yes, do you have access to and familiar with a multi-meter and even a soldering iron?