Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

The tv will shut itself off after about 5 seconds, the red

Customer Question

The tv will shut itself off after about 5 seconds, the red light blinks 4 times.
JA: What's the make and model of your tv? Have you tried unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: Kdl-46HX820
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: I have unplugged it , then after about a minute plugged it back in, some times it will stay on and sometimes it will not come on
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It started a couple days ago. It will come when I press the on button , then after about 5 seconds it will turn itself off.
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 2 months ago.

Hello

Welcome

Because of the intermittent nature of this issue the problem is likely to be power-board trouble the 4 blinks indicates a balance issue that drives the LED back-lighting so in all likelihood at this point the board may need to be replaced, if this is something you can think you can do yourself I will be happy to help let me know.

Other options are to call in a tech www.tvrepairpos.com will locate a tech in your area

Let me know if you need more help here

I am sorry its nothing easier you do have a hardware issue.

Please consider rating the answer positively with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page, rating me positively enables me to receive credit from the site thank you, ***** ***** question is open for 30 days

Many Thanks

Anthony

Do you need any more help with this please?

Anthony