Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech

My toshiba 19hlv87 does not have a remote and I cant change

Customer Question

my toshiba 19hlv87 does not have a remote and I cant change the input. any way around that?
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: the model number was given above. i beleive it is a 2007
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: there is no menu button. i cannot reach any other inputs besides cable tv.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: ever since i lost the remote i guess. now theres no way to change the input. i cant seem to find a way on the tv itself to change the input
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: nope.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

Hello, I'm Shahid.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
sounds good.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

There is only one possible option is to see if input change is possible to either increase or decrease the channel numbers till you get last channel number like 00 and then TV might give you video input change option.

If TV doesn't give such option then I'm afraid you would need to get TV remote as there is no other way around nor the TV has input button among set of control buttons located on side panel of TV. Required remote control is available at following supplier..

I hope these info will help. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page.
Thank you.