Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

I press the on button on TV and just clicks, Zenith plasma

Customer Question

I press the on button on TV and just clicks
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Zenith plasma z42pt320
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: 2011
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Just connected
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: How can I get it to work
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 9 months ago.

Hello

Welcome

If its just clicking its likely that one of the scan boards has gone short-circuit now the options are

Repair the set yourself (you will need to have and be able to use a volt\ohm\amp meter) this will mean making checks and deciding what board is faulty, in general a replacement boar costs around $100

Call in a tech costs over $200 and nearer $300 as a general guide www.tvrepairpros.com will locate a tech in your area

Or replace the set these sets now are aging and in many cases its not economic to pursue repairs

Let me know which way you want to go with this please, I am sorry its nothing easier

Please consider rating the answer positively with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page, rating me positively enables me to receive payment from the site thank you, ***** ***** question is open for 30 days

Many Thanks

Anthony