Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company

I have a display of the voice on my TV for those that are

Customer Question

I have a display of the voice on my TV for those that are hearing impaired. I don't know how it suddenly appeared or how to get ride of it. Can you please tell me if this is TV related, my internet/tv provider, or Direct TV?
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: The model is BW-LDS302, It was made in June of 2012, the serial number is ***** (2631)
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: The TV menu does work. I will have to check if it is on other tvs.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It has been an issue for about a week. We were out of town the week before that.
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes, the audio subscripts do not appear on all commercials.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems.

How do you receive broadcasts on this set - is there a Cable/SAT box connected to it?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

I'm not sure why you're unable to reply, but can you try a reboot of the cable box by shutting the TV off, and then unplugging the cable box from the wall outlet (the power cord) for 20 seconds, plug it back in and then once it reboots, please turn the TV back on and let me know if you have the same problem?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

If you need further assistance let me know. Also, please do click a 3-5 STAR rating for my efforts before you go. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Are you still having the same problem?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I did unplug and reboot the genie box. This did not solve the problem. The problem was the remote control.