Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Amazon prime announced that they will no longer support

Customer Question

amazon prime announced that they will no longer support connections through our Vizio TV's. Is there any work-around other than having to replace the TV? What are your suggestions? roger
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Vizio is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: approximately 6 years and is a 47 inch 3D unit
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: TV menu works and other sources work fine, i.e, net flex, etc.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: we got an e-mail form Amazon giving us notice of their discontinuation of support for the model of Vizio tv.
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: not that I can think of. roger
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

There IS a workaround, but it is not in the form of a software update or other pushbutton fix. Ultimately Amazon determines what devices they will support and not support. So what is needed in order to continue to receive Amazon Prime movies and shows on your Vizio TV, would be an Amazon Firestick. This device plugs into the TV's HDMI port, and then allows you to stream Prime content directly onto the set via the Firestick.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

If you need further assistance let me know. Also, please do click a 3-5 STAR rating for my efforts before you go. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Sorry, the price above should have read $39.99, not $30.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Hello, I was just following up to see if you needed further help. The site shows that since the question is open that you are still looking for help. Or, if you received the information you were looking for- please kindly RATE my service POSITIVELY to reflect that. Thank you.