Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

For 40" LCD TV, Model: NS-40L240A13. Television will not

Customer Question

For 40" LCD TV, Model: NS-40L240A13. Television will not turn on. I have unplugged from TWC box and have it plugged directly in the wall. When I unplug and replug back into wall, the red light comes on, but remote does not work. When I reconnect TWC box and turn that box on, the TV switches off.
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?
Customer: No, it has not. This began about a week ago. This is the 3rd time. I was able to get it to come back on twice, by unplugging and with cable box connected, finally get it to come back on. I thought it was cable box, but without connection to box. I can not get it to come on.
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: I have no power to TV, but do you mean through my cable remote. TV remote is useless at moment.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Nothing. I turned the TV off last night and all was working perfectly. When I turned on this morning, nothing. I tried what I did before, but did not work.
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think so.
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 2 months ago.

Welcome. I am Mike, an experienced field technician. We are now connected together on this convenient website where I am able to help you. To get started, I need to know you can see this message and are able to reply to me here...

-Let's take the TWC box out of the equation... Disconnect everything from the back of the tv, unplug the tv power cord, press and hold the power button on the tv (not remote) for 20 seconds and release, plug in only the tv power cord, press power button on the tv once. Does the tv screen light up at all?

___________________________________________________________________

** My replies can take up to 5 minutes to appear **

** Do NOT start a new question **