Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech

We have had Tivo for some time and love it, but niw have a

Customer Question

We have had Tivo for some time and love it, but niw have a couple of problems. The volume and mute controls suddenly only work on the TV control rather than on the Tivo remote. Also, when I try to select a programme I wish to record, the desired programme does not show on the screen when I key in the name of the show we want. Our bedroom Tivo still allows me to choose the correct show, so there is obviously a glitch in the other. Also, the bedroom Tivo remote suddenly doesn't control the sound and mute functions either. Obviously something has gone haywire. We'd be delighted if you can help.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

Hello, I'm Shahid.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

Have you tried to disconnect power cords of Tivo box and TV from wall socket for 10 minutes to reset, reconnect power cords, turn them On and check?
Please reply back with the result.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The reply was not an answer, it was a question
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

Above reply was a suggestion, have you tried that?

Most of the times it works.