Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

We have new 40" smart Visio-we have wireless att HD

Customer Question

We have new 40 " smart Visio-we have wireless att HD -problem-when we turn Tv on it will not stay on-we have to unplug att and then wait a few then telling and sometimes that works and sometimes it does not so use have success getting it to stay on we just leave it on -we are reAdy to return it-please help!
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems.

Roughly how long have you owned the set for please?

Also, what is it you're having a hard time getting to stay on- the ATT box or the TV (you mentioned unplugging the ATT box)?

Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

Please review my reply and postback to continue.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
We h as 've owned 3 days-today first day install-sorry I meant power plug not cable
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

Thanks for the reply. So you're saying that you need to pull the TV's own power cord and plug it back in, in order to get the TV to stay on?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

Okay, I'm sorry to say but this is NOT within normal operation of the TV, and there are no pushbutton fixes for this issue. What you have is a premature fault occurring within the set which will become a terminal failure. This is actually a good thing that it's occurred this soon, since the TV can be exchanged at the retailer for a brand new set within 30 days from the date of purchase. If you wait beyond that point then the set would need to be sent to Vizio for service which can take close to 6 weeks to turnover. I'm sorry for the bad news here, but you will need to exchange the TV for another as this is a defective set unfortunately.

If you need further assistance let me know. Also, please do click a 3-5 STAR rating for my efforts before you go. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site.

Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

Expert:  alma-cssm replied 6 months ago.
Dear Customer: We received your customer service inquiry/request, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at***@******.*** and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you. (http://www.justanswer.com/tv-repair/9wshy-new-40-smart-visio-we-wireless-att-hd.html). Thank you, ***** ***** Customer Support Team.