Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company

I have no audio, Just bought it today its element tv 19" It

Customer Question

I have no audio
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: Just bought it today its element tv 19"
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: It does work
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I put in the hdmi cable hooked it up to the cable box picture is great but no sound mute is off for both devices
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems.
By far the most common cause of this problem, is a glitch in the cable box processing.
Please follow the steps below:
1) Shut the TV off, and then disconnect the cable/SAT box AND the TV from power (unplug their power cords).
2) If using an HDMI cable, disconnect and reconnect the HDMI cable on both ends when the cable box is unplugged from power (make sure it's secure on both ends).
3) Press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote) for 10 full seconds while the set is unplugged, then release the power button.
4) Plug the cable box AND the TV back into power, then turn the TV on and attempt to watch a program.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

This should restore the sound. However if it does not, then please try another source- such as a DVD player on the TV and see if that has sound. This tells us whether or not the TV, or the cable/SAT box itself is causing the problem.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Is there still no audio from the cable box?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

If not, do you have another device - such as a DVD player you can try as a test?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Hello, I was just following up to see if you needed further help. The site shows that since the question is open that you are still looking for help. Or, if you received the information you were looking for- please kindly RATE my service POSITIVELY to reflect that. Thank you.