Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

I have a kdl70w850b Sony TV that shut down and the red light

Customer Question

I have a kdl70w850b Sony TV that shut down and the red light flashes 4 times we unplugged it for a short time the first time it happen and it worked for about a day and a half then did it again this time it won't come on
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 2 months ago.

Hello

Welcome

I am sorry for the delay here, I am trying to find the data for the set can you please carefully re-check the model number thank you

Anthony

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
KDL70W850B

OK yes I have it now, the problem is intermittent t-con board failure do you think you can replace this board?I will provide all the relevant info to do that and on going support please let me know, sorry its nothing easier but this should cure this issue.

Let me know please

Anthony

Just to clarify this board drives the LCD panel the 4 blinks indicate a failure with this board

Please consider rating the answer positively with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page, rating me positively enables me to receive payment from the site thank you, ***** ***** question is open for 30 days

Many Thanks

Anthony

What do you think about this please?

If this is not within your comfort then you will need a tech www.tvrepairpro.com will locate a tech in your area

Anthony

If however the set is under warranty then you should use that just to clarify you do have a hardware issue with the set thank you, ***** ***** looking like you do not like this but I am afraid that is the way it is .it is a machine and they can break down, what I have outlined needs to be done

Anthony

just reading over you are getting 4 blinks pause 4 blinks and so on?

Or did it just blink 4 times to a dead situation?

Do you need any more help please? Anthony

Many Thanks

Anthony