Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup

I have one station that says audio only. I have no cable

Customer Question

I have one station that says audio only. I have no cable just rabbit ears. It doesn't show weak signal just the audio only.
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: It's only 2 years old but it's a Changhong. I'm not sure of model number
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Yes the menu works.. I'm not sure what you mean on inputs but all it has on it is the rabbit ears that have been there since i bought it
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: About 3-4 days.. Nothing that I know of. I just changed to fox 4 and that's what it said but all other channels are normal
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: How much is it
JA: It's only $5.
Customer: Ok
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 month ago.

Welcome. I am Mike, an experienced field technician. We are now connected together on this convenient website where I am able to help you.

First suggestion is to go into the tv menu and re-run the channel scan. Sometimes broadcasters modify the digital frequency data and a rescan on the tv can clear it up.

Reply back with the results.

Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 month ago.

Remember, I will be here with you throughout this entire process. Please take a moment to submit at least a 3 star rating at the top of this page before you go. Rating now does not close your question or prevent future replies which are at no additional cost.

Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 month ago.

Hello, just checking back in to see if you still need help, or perhaps you would like to acknowledge that my time and input has been helpful?