Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.

How do I quiet down my fan? It has started to run very

Customer Question

how do I quiet down my fan? It has started to run very fast/loud a week ago at random times. usually when I'm on the internet, playing a game, or watching a video. it will keep up its speed/noise with videos and games. but it didn't before hand. is my fan broke?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Hi Nate,

this is actually quite normal, the fan speed is dynamic, and will adjust automatically based on the heat generated inside the laptop,

for tasks that are higher demand on system resources, which can include games, videos, and web browsing (especially if using chrome), that is normal,

which can be impacted more with age as well as the fan bearings start to wear, but it doesn't mean it is broken.

Running a good registry cleaner like CC cleaner can help, as can stopping any other unnecessary background processes.

Adding a bit more ram may help, but the best thing you could do for it is to run it on a cooler pad:

or connect an external vacuum fan:

Best regards,

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, simply reply back on this page.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.