Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Rca tv. trying to install terk. the setup wont let me search

Customer Question

rca tv. trying to install terk. the setup wont let me search channels because i dont knoe the password
JA: What's the exact make and model of your television? And how long has this been happening with the channels?
Customer: d52w20
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: yes the menu works but when i go to set up it wants a passcode
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: no it hasn;t been we had direct tv before and never had to search channels.
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems.

This TV won't work with an antenna anyways even if you did have the passcode because it has an Analog tuner per it's specs.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

All "over the air" signals are Digital, so this set requires a DTV converter box connected between the Terk antenna and the set.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

All you need to do in order to use a converter is to connect it to the AV or Component jacks on the set and then change the Input. Are you able to change the Input/Source on the TV?

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Using the original RCA remote you will locate the INPUT button to change the Input over to AV or Component to get a DTV tuner to work on the set, and then the channel scan is done using the DTV tuner's included remote (so the passcode does not even come into play here).

A DTV tuner can be purchased for around $50 from Best Buy, or Radio Shack and is also available for purchase at the link below:

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=&sku=1060883&gclid=Cj0KEQjw3s6-BRC3kKL_86XDvq4BEiQAAUqtZzMZefiKs0_7xPGfRacarkCoIIMIV9OryA3ZhMLHxAIaAgC08P8HAQ&is=REG&ap=y&m=Y&c3api=1876%2C92051677562%2C&A=details&Q=

Again the reason for needing this, is that your TV's tuner is NTSC Analog and current signals are ATSC Digital.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

If you need further assistance let me know. Also, please do click a 3-5 STAR rating for my efforts before you go. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?