Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Olevia TV. I had cable and then had cable removed. Now I get

Customer Question

Olevia TV. I had cable and then had cable removed. Now I get no channels. i can't find my manual. What to do? I use over the air reception.
JA: What's the exact make and model of your television? And how long has this been happening with the channels?
Customer: This occurred 2 years ago when I had the cable removed and I am just now getting around to trying to fix it. Model is: 252FHD-T11 It's an LCD tv 252TFHD.
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: menu works and same problem on all sources/inputs
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: it happened immediately after the cable guy came out to take out the cable
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: it takes me a few minutes to get to the tv as it is in the basement and the computer is upstaires
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems.

So are you saying you now have an HDTV antenna connected to the set??

Also, you do have the original Olevia remote nearby yes?

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Just wondering if you needed assistance with the question you posted?

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Okay, with the limited info you've provided I will provide an answer.

First, the TV NEEDS to have an HDTV antenna connected to it in order to get over the air reception. The TV has no built in antenna, so without an antenna it will not receive any channels.

The quality of the antenna makes a huge difference in the amount of channels you will be able to receive as well.

That said, once the antenna is connected, the ORIGINAL Olevia remote needs to be used here in order to go into the TV SETUP MENU and then select "Air" instead of "Cable" and then a "CHANNEL SCAN" must be run in order for the TV to detect and store available channels that the antenna receives.

If you need further assistance let me know. Also, please do click a 3-5 STAR rating for my efforts before you go. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Hello, I was just following up to see if you needed further help. The site shows that since the question is open that you are still looking for help. Or, if you received the information you were looking for- please kindly RATE my service POSITIVELY to reflect that. Thank you.