Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.

I have a westinghouse tv model tx-52f480s that I think need

Customer Question

I have a westinghouse tv model tx-52f480s that I think need a power supply because there isn't an led lit red or green in front when the power is on, but there is two led on m-bd lit, power supply #(###) ###-####
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 month ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Before I offer an opinion on your question, please tell me more about the board where two LEDs are still lit.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
This under bar code 5573co1011g also there isn't any back lite at all and no sound at all and as said there isn't an led lit in front of tv.

That could be a defective power supply board.

It could also mean that some other component is shorted out, in the TV.

Do you have a service manual, and a voltmeter, and the ability to make use of both? though the problem may seem obviously a power supply problem, it could be either of the two possible things I have mentioned. A service manual, and a few measurements, would help a lot in determining for real whether this part, or some other part, is what is needed to fix the problem.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.

OK. Good.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
PSU cn2 to m-bd. PSU cn3 PSU CN4
3.2 v 5v 5 pins 24V 5 PINS
12 v 2 pins
5 v 2 pins

That *sounds* quite normal, so the power supply might, as I said, not be at fault.

I suggest we get you a source for a service manual for this TV's model line, so that we can check on what you observe and make sure of details - e.g. whether those really are normal DC voltages, all, measured from the power supply.

Would you be interested in that? a service manual I mean?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
cn3 and cn4 both has 24volt on 5 pins each

I regret that I cannot find a source of service information for this Westinghouse TV.

Is it a plasma TV, or an LED TV, or another type? please let me know.

Also, what are the labels on the m-bd next to the two lights that are On, on that m-bd ?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
leo1 and leo2

What color are those two LEDs, leo1 and leo2 ?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.

I regret to have to say that I honestly have no idea how to advise you at this point.

Except, that if there is any dust in the TV, you should re-seat (after cleaning/dusting) all connectors in the TV, with power Off and unplugged first for 30 minutes for safety.