Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

Panasonic viera tc-p50s1 wont turn on...standby light, but

Customer Question

Panasonic viera tc-p50s1 wont turn on...standby light, but no action.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 months ago.

Hello, I'm Shahid.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help.

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 months ago.

Hi Ed,

Any response from power light on TV when push power button?
Thanks.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.

Hello my friend. No response, but i get a solid red light if i hold the power button sown for 10 seconds or so. Hit it again, no response no nothing

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 months ago.

Ed, it seems main board (A board) issue.

Have you tried to swap A board in this TV?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.

Not yet, just doing initial question, havent even opened it up yet. Sunday and monday are my tech repair days, lol, although im trying to get to it early this week, because i have many to get to, and a couple still leftover from before, like that upstar we were working on. If i disconnect main board plugs, turn it on, and it powers up okay, that would guarantee that the a board is the problem, wouldnt it?

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 months ago.

No, main board is brain of this TV and you wont get even power light if left main board disconnected.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.

Woukd it still turn on though?

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 months ago.

No, only standby volts would be available on power board when plug TV power cord in.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.

Ah. Gotcha. I had seen a video of someone doing that process to determine it is the main board thatbis the problem. When they plugged the unit in and powered yp, the picture was all light and static, but still powered up proving that the power supply was still good. Ill be getting to that one here shortly. In the meantime, stick around, i have some new ones to ask you.

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 months ago.

I never saw that video clip and it is quite possible that made for different type of TV.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.

Yup, was a panasonic plasma, damn close to the same tv, but model number was one digit off. Kk, will get to it soon

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 months ago.

OK, I would like to watch that clip as well.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.

Ill send you the link as soon as i get back home, gonna be gone for about an hour. Im going to open my next couple of questions for you before I go, but i need to go pick up an lg 60" 4K smart tv with a cracked screen for $50 USD, the boards alone should get me about $300 USD so I need to gk get it before the guy changes his mind lol

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 months ago.

LOL, go fast ED ~~