Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

Sony pn50c550g1f lots of borizontal lines, some thick some

Customer Question

Sony pn50c550g1f lots of borizontal lines, some thick some thin, most black but a few of them pixelated rgb. Other than that, good image and sound. Side hdmi input feels very loose like maybe its about to break off. Still feeds input though. Flexing case causes no change. Need to troubleshoot down to a bad board or hopefully IC.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 2 months ago.

Ed hello

If you press the menu button of the sets own remote are the lines OVER the menu?

Also could you upload a picture of the trouble thank you

Anthony

Customer: replied 2 months ago.

Yes, lines are over the menu

Ed it may be a mainboard\logic board issue or the panel itself , I had one similar on another set the other day and that turned out to be bad firmware, I don't think there is any firmware for this set

Do you need any more help with this please?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.

Sorry, ive been out od the loop for a couole of weeks. I am back at it, and will be getting to this one today. So what can I test at the component level to track down the oroblem to the main board, tab bonds, tcon, etc..whatever it takes to figure out if its the panel and I should just salvage what boards are good...

ook