Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech

Lg 55lm4600...when powered up, i get backlight, but no

Customer Question

Lg 55lm4600...when powered up, i get backlight, but no picture. When i have a source hooked up to the side input, I get a horrible scraping scratching noise after a minute or so.....but still no picture. The sound goes away if I wiggle that hdmi input. When the hdmi is inputted to the rear hdmi, no scraping scratching sound, still no picture, regardless of jiggling. I can see plasma burn in of many vertical lines, so im scared to replace the main board without doing some kind of troubleshooting to try to eliminate the possibility of a damaged display once I get the new main board (or eherever the problem lies) in. Also, may be incidental, may not....there is one white spot, seemed like drywall speck or something, but upon closer inspection it seemsto be a chip in the glass itself. Is that related? Can it be filledin or repaired? Maybe replace the glass if the display is still okay to get rid of the white?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 1 month ago.

Morning Ed

Looks like you may have compounded problems on this tv .

Definitely main board or at least input connectors but now lines as well ??

What about that spot ??

I mean that if the protect screen is marked then there is not much that can be done about that

Customer: replied 1 month ago.

Yeah, the lines arent there on the display currently, just looks like plasma image burn in, you know?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.

Been back at it all night and all morning. Ill be getting to this ine very shortly. So when im there, ill need your help tracking down to a component level if possible on that main board, inputs or whatever it happens to be. The spot I can live with, should still bring pretty good money, maybe I can just black it out so its a black spot and not a white spot, I will tell and show my prospective buyers, ut if I discount the price $100 it should still sell, and still bring a decent profit as long as I can either find another board supercheap or preferrably track ALL problems down to component level and get in and out for $20 or $30 worth of components. Hope to hear from you soon, brother, thanks.