Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

Samsung un60h6400af. Powers up, i get sound from multiple

Customer Question

Samsung un60h6400af. Powers up, i get sound from multiple inputs, no pocture from multiple inputs. Tried the flashlight test no picture at all...no backlights, no picture. I also tried the factory reset, since i have the original remote, but the TV never did turn off, so im vuessing the procedure wasnt correct...hard to tell with no images to tell me i am selecting the right choices, but still....neex to find a reset method that works without being abke to see the image....or troubleshooting to narrow down which board is causing the trouble, or if its the panel itself. Thanks.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 2 months ago.

Hello

Welcome

So you are getting sound pscreen black ,when doing the flashlight check you need to hold the flashlight at a 45 degree angle then cycle the sets own menu you are looking to seei if you can see the menu popping up

Let me know if you do see that

Anthony

Customer: replied 2 months ago.

Yeah, no dice on menu, vilume, anything....totally dark room, superbright led flashlight....does it HAVE to be an incandescent bulb or anything for the flashlight source?

No a flashlight is usually suffice.

So in a dark room can you see any feint light at all on the display?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.

Nothing whatsoever...from the front, the back vents, nothing

I think we need to assume the back-lights are indeed out if you cant see any visible light on the display I find myself on occasion that you cant see the pic with a flashlight I am guessing its probably because certain panels wont allow that test to be conclusive, so we are looking at supply to the backlights (power-board) or the backlights themselves, you can check if there is any negative\positive voltage to the backlights which may help with diagnosis have you done that?there will be a lead from the powerboard it should be marked witn a negative and a positive voltage

Let me know

Anthony

Customer: replied 2 months ago.

Nope, havent opened this bad boy up quite yet, though i will be doing that tomorrow. And i responded to our other question, too, the vizio with the ir reciever problem, just so u know. Also opening a few more before i go to sleep, if you want to snag them up and get the credit.

OK Ed will be looking later I am in and out OK thanks

Customer: replied 2 months ago.

Been back at it all night and all morning, eill be getting that thing opened up later today and testing voltages, look forward to finishing this one with you, hopin youll be on today since we have several that we need to finish. And I have 5 more to tear open and diagnose today, too, lol, gonna be a busy day.

ok