Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.

My Toshiba 52hm84 TV has a picture, but no sound. The sound

Customer Question

My Toshiba 52hm84 TV has a picture, but no sound. The sound was fin earlier, until I worked on syncing a new remote to the set. Now suddenly I have no sound. I went into setting, as per the manual, and everything looked,ok, but obviously I'm missing something...
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your Toshiba? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: The exact model is 52HM84, and I've got the file here, digging for the date we bought it...
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Looks like 2004. Yes, the TV menu works. Sources/inputs? You mean like the DVD player?
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: There was sound a few hours ago. I was trying to sync a new remote, and at first it seemed fine, both sound and picture, but now it's not. So, I suspect I did something wrong in that process .
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Well, yes, I guess I should find out more about what I'm connected to here. I found you randomly when I went searching for trouble-shooting answers. But now that you're transferring me, I want to know how this works, and what the fees might be.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Can you tell me what inputs you are using on the tv? (dvd, satellite/cable, etc)?
Do you have the sound loss on all of these?
Which remote were you programming?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi Nathan, I'd love to ask you my questions, but I've been going around in circles on you website and don't want a membership with a monthly fee. Does that mean you can't help me?
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Not at all, a membership is not required, and this would otherwise just be a one time fee and service.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

From what I can see, you are not signed up for any ongoing service, but after we're all done fixing your issue, I'll show you were you can confirm/change that if needed too.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, simply reply back on this page.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.