Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company

I have a TC-P42C2 Panasonic TV that shows a "no signal

Customer Question

I have a TC-P42C2 Panasonic TV that shows a "no signal shutoff was activated" and I have no video or audio for that TV. Help
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems.

This issue occurs when either the HDMI cable between the DTV box and the TV has failed, or the TV itself has a hardware fault with it's Mainboard. That being said DirecTv can only test between their dish and their box. They have no way of checking the cabling between the box and the TV. Have you tried another HDMI cable yet? If not that would be your first step.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

First try a hard reset of the TV by shutting it off, then unplugging it from power. Remove the HDMI cable from the back of the TV and then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote) for 10 seconds and release. Plug the HDMI cable back in and turn the TV on. Check and see if you have signal.

If you do not, then the HDMI cable should be replaced. This cable is digital and can fail without warning. They are available at Wal Mart, Best Buy or Radio Shack for around $20.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

If you have the same problem beyond that, then this does indicate a hardware fault in the set- more specifically it's Mainboard has failed and needs to be replaced. This board processes all of the external signals sent to the TV and is on average a $275 repair on this set.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

If you need further assistance let me know. Also, please do click a 3-5 STAR rating for my efforts before you go. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?