Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

I have a 1080p 50" wide screen, the picture is to wide for

Customer Question

i have a 1080p 50" wide screen , the picture is to wide for the screen , i can not read the writing on either side of screen , how do I fix this
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 5 months ago.

Hello

Welcome

Most of the time I would say 90% of the time the problem is a conflict between any box you are using and the TV so>>

First, reboot the Cable/SAT box by disconnecting it from power for 5 mins and plugging it back in. Upon rebooting, if the screen aspect is still incorrect, then look for the following buttons on the Cable/SAT remote:

Aspect

Format
Zoom
HD Zoom
Ratio
(#) symbol under the 9 key on the remote

Please look for these buttons on the remote and using one of those let me know how it works out please

If it works out good I would be grateful if you would rate the answer 3 to 5 stars with the rating bar of stars usually at the top of the page then press SUBMIT thanks again

Any problems let me know

Anthony

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
none of these buttons are on my remote

I am referring to the box remote not the TV?

Could you please get me the model number of the box found on the front or back of the box AND the model number of the TV found on the back of the TV I will check this out

Anthony

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
found the format button when i press it it cuts off the bottom and top of screen cell
1-***-***-****

I can't take a call right now sorry for that you may need now to alter the TV format\aspect ratio too to get it right

Let me know

How is it working out please?

So you may need to find a middle ground using both the tv and the box remote as there will be a zoom or aspect ratio on the tv remote too that you may have been playing about with that is now out of spec

Let me know

Anthony

Do you need any more help please?