hongkongpom
hongkongpom, Cable TV Installer
Experience:  State Of Hawaii Certified Cable TV installer
40928634

I have an LG t.v; a Bose sound system and Charter

Customer Question

I have an LG t.v; a Bose sound system and Charter communications for my television viewing. I do not remember how to play a DVD with this system. I put the DVD in the top loader of the Bose box. I can hear the DVD I just cannot sett the picture. What do I have to do to see the picture? Debby Lumkes
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems.

It's hard to give a specific answer without knowing the exact models and methods of connection for all of the devices, but the most common method to play a DVD on the LG TV would be to grab the LG remote and located it's "Input" button, and select the Input that the Bose displays audio through.

Now that said, since I don't know the models or exact methods of connections- I cannot tell you specifically which INPUT option to select. Your choices will look something like: Video, Component, HDMI 1, HDMI 2, etc.

If you don't know which one to select, then select EACH of the options- one at a time (make sure the disc is in the Bose and playing), until you see the Bose/DVD image on the TV screen.

Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

Again, the INPUT button is located on the original LG remote (not your Cable remote).

If you need further assistance let me know. Also, please do click a 3-5 STAR rating for my efforts before you go. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?

Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

I cannot take a phone call. That offer is not sent by me, but rather by the site. Another Expert may accept it however. If you need further assistance please reply back here to me.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Aric- My LG is a small thing. It has a section that says "Smart" It has a "Back", then a on'off at the top and a rollerball in the middle.What is the input option?
Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

I have no way of knowing what model LG your TV is. Can you get the model number off of the back of the set so I can tell you how to do this?

Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

Or, Try pressing that roller ball right in the middle and let me know what shoes up on the screen.

Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

The magic remote that I find shows a button below the rollerball that says "1-2-3 INPUT" on it. Yours doesn't have that?

Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

Are you still with me here?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Arik_ I had to get the Model # off of the t.v. LG-BM-LDS4011 Does this help?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Also, mine remote does have 123 Input!
Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

That is your Input button!

Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

So that is the button you use! :-)

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Can you remain available so I can try this?
Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

I am not paid anything for my time until you rate me, so yes- I am here.

Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

Also make sure the Bose has the disc inserted and playing while you try each of the Input options. If you're unable to see anything, then we have a connection problem and will need to dig deeper.

Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

Are you having any luck?

Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

If you need further assistance let me know. Also, please do click a 3-5 STAR rating for my efforts before you go. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Here is the deal.....when I clicked 123 a version of a remote appeared in the upper right hand corner. At the top of the remote there were three uttons, one had a picture and it was an "input" button,Let me put the disk on, I am an idiot and didn't do that when I was playing with the remote. Be right back.
Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

Okay.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I tried everything and the only thing that comes out is that little remote in the upper right hand corner, it has numbers and a place that says menu and input option, DVD, menu etc. I tried all of them and nothing worked. Any other suggestions?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Any other suggestions?
Expert:  hongkongpom replied 2 months ago.

Hello I am another Expert.

​There will be a cable going from your Bose system to your TV which carries the picture.I am assuming that the DVD sound that you can hear is coming from the Bose speakers.

Please kindly look on the TV and tell me the name of the socket that this cable is connected to. If it is HDMI 1 or say AV1 then that is the input that you have to select on the LG remote control in order for the TV go receive the picture that is coming from the Bose DVD player