Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

We have a 42 inch Panasonic Viera TH-P42V20Z in our lounge.

Customer Question

We have a 42 inch Panasonic Viera TH-P42V20Z in our lounge. When we bought it we were given a free camera to mount on it which we were told we could use for SKYPE.
At the time someone fixed it up for us and added a LAN. We used to be able to get SKYPE but we can no longer do it. We haven't tried for a while now but wondered if it was something to do with changing our modem? Can you please give us any advice?
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

Hello, Eileen,

Unfortunately skype for tvs is no longer supported. This option will not work at all.

The issue is not a panasonic problem, it actually has affected all makes and models of tvs. Microsoft made a decision several months ago to drop support for non computer devices. The skype software is no longer capable of connecting to microsofts servers, and they appear to have no intention of ever restoring that feature either.

You could connect a computer to the tv and run skype on it though, using the tv as a big display.

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,